About Our Rates
Calculating the rates
Econo Campers rates are calculated on a daily basis. The day you Pick Up is counted as Day 1 and the day you Drop Off is the last day regardless of the time of pick up and drop off, e.g. Pick Up at 1400 on 01 May and Drop Off at 1000 on 08 May is calculated as an 8 day hire.
Spending a long time in New Zealand?
Remember the saying - “If you don’t ask, you don’t get.”
- If you have a really long hire then ask us to consider a better rate.
- If you plan to travel on two or more occasions around New Zealand within a six month period, ask Econo Campers to combine the rentals to qualify for the Long Term Hire Discounts. We’ll charge you the appropriate published rate for the first hire then give you the benefit of the discounted rates, taking the first hire into account as well, on each subsequent hire. This can result in a fantastic overall rate.
What you get for the daily hire rate
No other company includes more for your money than Econo Campers. Take a look at the value for money you’ll get. And remember, there’s nothing further for you to pay on pick up.
- Complimentary shuttle transfers Airport - Depot - Airport
- Comprehensive Insurance [A Bond/Excess of NZ$1200.00 applies]
- Unlimited kilometres
- No fees for one way hires between depots [minimum hire period 14 days]
- Goods & Services Tax [GST]
- Diesel Tax/Road User Charge
- Complimentary portable DVD player
[“The Ace” Hi Top already has a Radio/CD player with MP3 capability]
- Picnic table and chairs
- Snow chains where required
- Tyre repair and/or replacement
- Extra driver fees
- Cleaning fees and pre departure vehicle preparation
- Supermarket discount card valid at almost 100 supermarkets throughout New Zealand
- Complimentary Road Atlas
- Complimentary New Zealand Travel Guide
- Complimentary Holiday Park directories and other tourist information
- Free Internet access at each depot
- Free baggage storage at each depot
- Freephone 0800 helpline
- Minimum Hire Period
Because you really need time to see anything in New Zealand, we have a minimum hire period of seven (7) days. For one way hires between Christchurch and Auckland or vice versa the minimum hire period is fourteen (14) days.
Bicycle racks and bicycles for hire
Why not hire a bicycle rack and bicycles to go with your Econo Camper?
Econo Campers is the only budget campervan company that offers you bicycle racks and bicycles to rent with your vehicle. And it’s not expensive:
Bicycles: NZ$6.00 per bicycle per day
| ||Maximum NZ$125.00 per bicycle per hire - NZ$100 excess applies per bicycle rack and bicycle to cover|
loss or damage.
Bicycle rack: NZ$50.00 per hire
Download full details of Econo Campers Bicycles hire [PDF]
Other optional items to hire
Just in case you need them, other items you can hire from us are:
Mobile phone NZ$30.00 per hire including a NZ$20.00 call credit
Baby seat or child booster seat NZ$25.00 per hire
GPS Navigation System NZ$5.00 per day
| ||Maximum NZ$200.00 per hire - NZ$100.00 excess applies to the GPS including accessories.|