Econo Campers Booking Conditions
ONE WAY HIRES
You can take your Econo Campers rental at no additional cost one way between Auckland and Christchurch and vice versa providing the rental period is a minimum of 14 days.
To rent an Econo Camper you must be 21 years of age or older and hold a current valid driver's licence, to be produced at the start of the hire. A country of origin licence is acceptable, however if you hold a non-English licence you must either carry an accurate English translation of your foreign driver’s licence or an International Driving Permit while driving.
A normal car licence is all that is required to drive any Econo Campers vehicle. No heavy vehicle, or other special category licence is required. No maximum age limit applies providing you hold an appropriate valid licence.
The English translation referred to must be issued by one of the following authorities:
- The New Zealand Translation Service
- A diplomatic representative at a High Commission, Embassy or Consulate
- The authority that issued your overseas driver’s licence
Any traffic infringements you incur during your hire are your own responsibility, and all fines or charges made by the New Zealand Traffic Authorities for such infringements will be deducted from your Credit Card by Econo Campers.
Sorry, we regret that animals are not permitted to travel in any Econo Campers vehicle.
You may drive your rental vehicle on any road in New Zealand except the following which are prohibited in all circumstances:
Ninety Mile Beach - Northland
North of Colville Township - Coromandel Peninsula
Skippers Canyon Road - Queenstown
Ball Hutt Road - Mt Cook
VEHICLE SUBSTITUTION & DESIGN
We shall make every effort to provide the vehicle requested, but where a vehicle is unavailable for any reason we reserve the right to provide you with a comparably high standard vehicle at no extra cost.
While including the same facilities, vehicle layouts may vary slightly to those shown due to manufacturer's design changes.
You will be required to pay a non refundable deposit of NZ$400 [or the total cost whichever is the lower amount] immediately on receipt of confirmation.
Payment of the balance must reach the Econo Campers Auckland office no later than 28 days prior to the pick up date. Full payment information will be provided with your booking confirmation.
Cancellations following confirmation will incur cancellation fees as follows:
Any booking may be cancelled without penalty within 3 days of receipt of confirmation, unless it is within 25 days of pick up when the following charges will apply:
- 25 days and over prior to pick up - Deposit retained
- 7 - 24 days prior to pick up - 25% of total reservation cost, or deposit, whichever is greater
- 1 - 6 days prior to pick up - 50% of total reservation cost, or deposit, whichever is greater
- No Show, or day of pick up - 100% of total reservation cost
We strongly recommend you purchase Travel Insurance that includes sufficient cancellation insurance to cover the above charges.
- The early return of a vehicle does not entitle you to a refund.
- A change of the drop off location once travel has commenced is always subject to confirmation by Econo Campers and may incur the full cost of repositioning the vehicle to the original drop off location reserved.